Top 20 Christmas Movies
Wondering what movies to watch this holiday season?
Here's our top twenty Christmas movies for all the family:-
- It's A Wonderful Life - this is a really timeless movie, but one that's a favorite year after
year, and will probably continue to be so
- Polar Express - this lovely cartoon movie is one for the kids, featuring the voice of Tom Hanks,
it's an enjoyable excursion into festive fantasy
- Christmas With The Kranks - lots of festive fun and capers. A really funny and enjoyable
movie for all the family
- The Holiday - one more for the grown ups, this explores the joys and difficulties of
relationships over the holiday season
- Joyeux Noel - receiving great reviews, this is another one for the adults, telling the story of
Christmas eve in the trenches during World War 1
- Elf - definitely one for the kids, crazy fun movie that kids will enjoy watching over and over
- Home Alone - with a holiday theme, this is one that the family will love to watch
- The Christmas Story - just that, the story of Christmas. The navity story well told in a
non-corny fashion, very refreshing
- Family Man - tempted to forget the true meaning of Christmas? This amusing story featuring
Nicolas Cage will help put you right.
- Miracle on 34th Street (1994) - this is a wonderful movie, full of Christmas magic and Santa Claus himself. A real modern day fairytale about love, Christmas
and wishes come true
- Love Actually - a story telling the few days before Christmas in the lives of a number of peoples
whose lives are intertwined in some way.
- Little Women - an old one featuring Susan Sarandon. The wonderful tale of Joe March and her
sisters, starts with some irresistible Christmas scenes in the snow
- Jack Frost - less well known, this tells the story of a boy who loses his dad, but gets him back
in the form of a snowman to reassure and comfort him for the holidays
- Muppet Christmas Carol - a lovely re-telling of this old Christmas story by Charles Dickens.
- Family Stone - does your family get along during the holidays? A very honest story about one
family's Christmas and how they welcome a newcomer into their midst
- Noel - one for the grownups, a bit of a fairytale, with love, snow and a little magic for
- A Christmas Carol - either the original with Alistair Sims or the more recent film with Jim
Carrey. A timeless story.
- Meet Me In St Louis - an older movie starring Judy Garland, this ends with some lovely,
heartwarming snowy scenes in the run up to Christmas.
- Jingle All The Way - if you can't manage the holiday season without Arnie Schwarzeneger, then this
is one for you. An amusing little movie about finding THE toy that your child wants and the adventures
that can catch you up in.
- White Christmas - made in 1954 this is a real classic
Why not watch a festive movie each day until Christmas Day?
Here's a few more you might wish to consider to make up the 24 days leading up to Christmas:-
- Christmas in Connecticut
- National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
- Holiday Inn (1942)
- Die Hard (1988)
- Shop Around The Corner (1940)
- Scrooged (1988)
- Best Christmas Pageant Ever (1983)
- The Bishop's Wife (1947)
- Scrooge (1951)
- New In Town
- Chronicles of Narnia
- Little Princess
- We're No Angels (1955)
Have a great and enjoyable festive season!
Free printable letters from Santa Claus - download and personalize these Word or
PDF documents for your children